Thursday, April 21, 2011

National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011, H.R. 822

I sent an email to my representative about this issue urging him to support it.
Here is the Official Summary:
2/18/2011--Introduced.National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011 - Amends the federal criminal code to authorize a person who is carrying a government-issued photographic identification document and a valid permit to carry a concealed firearm in one state, and who is not prohibited from possessing, transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm under federal law, to carry a concealed handgun (other than a machine gun or destructive device) in another state in accordance with the restrictions of that state.


This is the reply I got back:

Dear Mr. Glassburner:

Thank you for contacting me concerning the National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011, H.R. 822. I appreciate you taking the time to let me know that this issue is important to you.

As you may know, H.R. 822 was introduced by Congressman Cliff Stearns of Florida on February 18, 2011. This measure aims to amend title 18, United States Code, to provide a national standard in accordance with which nonresidents of a State may carry concealed firearms in the State. The bill is currently pending before the House Judiciary Committee, where it is awaiting further consideration and action. I do not have the pleasure of serving on this committee, however, I will certainly keep your support in mind should the bill come before the full House for a vote.

As my past voting record demonstrates, I fully support our Second Amendment rights. No doubt, gun issues will continue to receive attention, and I agree we must address the issue without infringing on the rights of law-abiding adults. As I have stated many times, I believe law-abiding citizens have every right to protect their families and homes. Rest assured that I will continue to defend the Second Amendment.

Once again, thank you for contacting me. Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Very truly yours,


Steven C. LaTourette
Member of Congress

Now I am asking you to contact your representative and urge them to support this!

Piece be with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment