Tuesday, February 28, 2012
I was concerned about a copy cat type shooting today in a different district.
Can't say the Green High School bomb threat today surprised me. I wouldn't be surprised if they discover the Chardon High Shooter is responsible for the bomb threats called in to the Chardon Courthouse a few weeks ago.
Updated to add a Strongsville Ohio student was using social media to alarm other students that there would soon to be an act of violence committed at the school.
Let me first start this off by saying I would like to extend my deepest sympathies to all those touched by this horrific incident.
Before any anti-gun people start to use this tragic event in Chardon Ohio, as an excuse to try to further ban guns, I would like to point out a few things:
1. It is already illegal for anyone under 21 to buy handguns or handgun ammunition.
2. It is already illegal for anyone under 18 to buy firearms or ammunition.
3. This shooting was done inside of a “Gun Free Zone”, which means it is illegal to have guns in this “Gun Free Zone”.
4. It is illegal to commit crimes with firearms or weapons; actually it is illegal to commit crimes period.
5. Last but not least it is illegal to commit murder!
There were plenty of laws in place that should have prevented this atrocity, but criminal are criminals because they do not have regard for the law.
What the law already says:
It is unlawful to sell a handgun to a person under 21, or any firearm to a person under 18. It is unlawful to furnish any firearm to a person who is under 18 or furnish any handgun to a person under 21, except for lawful hunting, sporting or educational purposes.